Agnico Eagle Finland Oy, Kittilän kaivos
Agnico Eagle Finland Oy is a subsidiary of Canadian gold-mining company Agnico Eagle Mines Limited. It owns the Kittilä mine and engages actively in mineral exploration in Finland and other Nordic countries.
Kittilä mine is the biggest gold mine in Europe, with an annual production of 6000 kg gold. The mine provides jobs for about 500 employees and 400-500 contractor personnel. Tapojärvi has been involved in the production of Kittilä mine since 2008 as producer of different mine services.
Our services in Kittilä mine during 2008-2017:
- Underground loading and transportation of ore and gangue
- Loading, transportation and scaling of drifts
- Filling of quarries and old tunnels
- Maintenance of underground roads
- Overall mining services
- Feeding of concentrating plant
- Dam building