SSAB factory in Raahe produces so called standard, premium and special steels. Main products are hot-rolled plates and coil products. The plant has a coking plant, two blast furnaces, steel melting shop, power plant and hot-rolling plant. The area also has processing of raw and other material as well as cargo port. Around 2400 people regularly work at the factory.
Tapojärvi has worked as a subcontractor of Rautaruukki since 1973. Co-operation started at Rautuvaara mine in Kolari.
At Raahe steelworks, Tapojärvi has been responsible for different factory services since 1992.
Our services in Raahe are:
- Processing of recycled steel SSAB Merox
- Automatic coke scaling and feeding facility
- Converter charging
- Material feeding and screening for blast furnace and sinter plants
- Screening of coke, sinter and limestone
- Transportation and feeding of bought coke
- Processing of PCI-coal